Raytracing Techniques GTX 1060 - Global Illumination vs Reflections vs Shadows vs Ambient Occlusion


Hey guys, In this video, I show you different raytracing techniques, such as Raytraced Global Illumination, Raytraced Reflections, Raytraced Shadows, and Raytraced Ambient Occlusion. I show what difference they make in terms of visual quality as well as in terms of FPS. This is all running on a GTX 1060, so FPS are quite low, and might increase with a better GPU.

----------------------------
Time Stamps:
Raytraced Shadows On: 0:11
Raytraced Shadows Off: 0:21
Raytraced Shadows On vs Off: 0:31
Raytraced Reflections On: 0:41
Raytraced Reflections Off: 0:52
Raytraced Reflections On vs Off: 1:02
Raytraced Global Illumination On: 1:12
Raytraced Global Illumination Off: 1:22
Raytraced Global Illumination On vs Off: 1:32
Raytraced Ambient Occlusion: 1:42
Traditional Ambient Occlusion: 1:52
Raytraced Ambient Occlusion vs Traditional Ambient Occlusion: 2:02
Raytraced Shadows Closeup (On): 2:12
Raytraced Shadows Closeup (Off): 2:22

For a more in-depth video, please go to this article:
Unreal Academy Game Developer

I like to develop games and help other people achieve their dreams of Game Development as well! I hope you'll find my blog useful, and if you do, please do not forget to subscribe to me on YouTube and watch an ad to support me!

No comments:

Post a Comment