Raytrace Optimization - Creating RT Toggle Widget, Setting Up RT Lights & Tips - Part 1 | UE4


Hello guys, in this video I give you a quick overview of the different types of Raytracing, tell you how to create an RT toggle button, from which you will be able to turn on and off Raytrace Shadows, Raytrace Ambient Occlusion, Raytrace Global Illumination, and Raytrace Reflections.
Then I tell you about some tips about how to decide which RT setting to enable in which part of your level, and reasons why you should not enable multiple RT settings.
After that I tell you about how to increase FPS when Raytrace shadows are turned on, which is done by disabling "Cast Raytraced Shadows" in all the unnecessary lights.
I also tell you how to remove the "Harsh" shadows that might appear if you enable multiple RT lights in one scene, or if you enable RT Lights that cast RT Shadows in conjunction with normal light.

Timestamps:
Quick Overview: 0:10
Types Of Raytracing and Their Usage: 0:50
Creating a Widget to Toggle Raytracing via buttons: 2:50
How to chose which RT Setting to enable: 10:30
How to increase FPS when RT Shadows is turned on: 15:15
How to remove Harsh shadow effect when you use RT Shadows: 19:10
End of video (Snippet of wonders of level streaming): 23:25



Unreal Academy Game Developer

I like to develop games and help other people achieve their dreams of Game Development as well! I hope you'll find my blog useful, and if you do, please do not forget to subscribe to me on YouTube and watch an ad to support me!

No comments:

Post a Comment