Raytracing On GTX 1060 - No Optimization vs Mild Optimization vs High Optimization


Hey guys, In this video I show you what wonders optimization can do to your game! Basically, without any optimization, your games FPS can fall down to 10FPS, but with optimization, you can play at 45-60 FPS with raytracing, on a GTX 1060!




There are three levels of Optimization: 
  1. No Optimization - Raytracing is enabled everywhere, this causes severe FPS drop, down to 10FPS. 
  2. Mild Optimization - Raytracing is enabled everywhere, but lights turn off when they are not near the player. This means that Raytraced Shadows and AO do not have to be calculated, thus increasing FPS. 
  3. High Optimization - Only Raytracing methods that make a difference are enabled. So for example, if RT Ambient Occlusion makes the room look better than RT Shadows, then I just turn on RT AO and turn off every other RT method. Another thing I do is that I unload a part of the level that is not visible to the player. So when the player goes inside another room, the room that he was previously in unloads, causing a drop in RT calculations and an increase in FPS. 

Unreal Academy Game Developer

I like to develop games and help other people achieve their dreams of Game Development as well! I hope you'll find my blog useful, and if you do, please do not forget to subscribe to me on YouTube and watch an ad to support me!

No comments:

Post a Comment